Michael Steele Running Into Problems

This is what I wrote the day after Michael Steele was elected the head of the RNC

I’m not surprised that Michael Steele was elected head of the RNC. The GOP needs to re-brand itself into a contemporary Party. I think he’s going to have a hard time expanding the Party considering that the core of the Republican Party doesn’t believe in its moderates. He’ll have to figure out how to make himself and not Rush Limbaugh the voice of the Party. That will not be easy. READ POST

I’m almost amazed as to how right I was about this. There is wind that GOPers are not happy with Mr. Steele as evident reading this:

"I think it's been a disaster of a first month," a Republican insider tells the DC Examiner. "He needs to disappear for 60 days, go and staff the building, put his personal energy into making sure he has the people he wants, and go from there.

That's what people are hoping he will do."

"It's not good," says another. "People feel that it's been very erratic at a time when we really need some sort of stabilizing force."

So far, Steele has responded with defiance. In an interview with Politico, he dismissed GOP critics as "nervous Nellies." SOURCE


It is too early to count Steele out but the clock is now ticking. I assume that after this week we will see less of Steele for a few months. My guess is that he’d much rather be out front waxing memes with the media rather be behind the scenes doing the grunt work of building an organization. He probably thought his face alone was enough but he’d better learn to balance both roles better real soon because if the GOP does not make significant gains in 2010, Michael Steele is gone.

 

2 Responses to Michael Steele Running Into Problems

  1. Anonymous Says:
    I like your post. You are honest and frank. Keep writing!

    This is Joshua from Israeli Uncensored News
  2. Neal Says:
    Oh my god, there's a lot of useful info in this post!
    check here